Thanksgiving
The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway~
Thanksgiving comes again!
~Old Rhyme
I am going to analyze this poem and tell you what I think the poet is trying to say. So the first line is:
"The year has turned its circle,"
this means, it is almost the end of the year. If you were to think of the year as a circle with January at one point and December right next to it, Thanksgiving (in November of course) is almost at the end, or "turned its circle". The next line is:
"The seasons come and go."
This is also referring to it is the end of the year and you have gone through all the seasons.
This is 2 lines but one fraise, it means that the farming of the year has been harvested, so the farmers are done working for the season and it is becoming very cold outside.
"Orchards have shared their treasures,"
This means that everyone has bought, or eaten from all of the fall orchards, like apple orchard or pumpkin patches.
"The fields, their yellow grain,"
I am pretty sure this means that since it is so cold outside, the fields have turned yellow because all of their grass has died and is ready for the snow.
"So open wide the doorway~Thanksgiving comes again!"
This means welcome friends and family home for the holiday, and it ends with a punctuate reminder that it is Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving this year.

1 comment:
I love the poetry analysis. High class!
Post a Comment