Something that I have been reading out of school for this blog is the book Are You My Mother by P.D Eastman. This is a children's book and I found myself reading it to my cousin that I was babysitting today. This charming story is about a little new born bird that has just been born and cracked out of it's egg and he finds that his mother is not there. This is a great problem in the story and he asks all sorts of different animals if they are his mother. First he asks a Cat, then a chicken, then a dog, and finally then a cow. By this time the bird was very confused and he asked several transportation machines like an old car, a boat, a plane, and a big truck thing. Once he got closer to the truck it picked him up. The poor little bird was very scared but all of the sudden the bird fell off the truck and fell into this nest. Conveniently, this mother was waiting for him at the nest. This story could be appealing to a child because of all of the different sorts of animals in it, although i thought it was getting a bit repetitive and I could see how a child could be very easily bored.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Outside reading
Something that I have been reading out of school for this blog is the book Are You My Mother by P.D Eastman. This is a children's book and I found myself reading it to my cousin that I was babysitting today. This charming story is about a little new born bird that has just been born and cracked out of it's egg and he finds that his mother is not there. This is a great problem in the story and he asks all sorts of different animals if they are his mother. First he asks a Cat, then a chicken, then a dog, and finally then a cow. By this time the bird was very confused and he asked several transportation machines like an old car, a boat, a plane, and a big truck thing. Once he got closer to the truck it picked him up. The poor little bird was very scared but all of the sudden the bird fell off the truck and fell into this nest. Conveniently, this mother was waiting for him at the nest. This story could be appealing to a child because of all of the different sorts of animals in it, although i thought it was getting a bit repetitive and I could see how a child could be very easily bored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment