

"Only You Can Silence Yourself,"
These are the words that are on an advertisement to vote on November 4th this year for the Presidential election. Jessica Alba is on this advertisement, and since she is such a popular figure to people across America, she is persuading adults to vote for the President. This is heroic because not just anyone could have that almost "power" to motivate people like that. What this somewhat intimidating add is trying to get across is that Jessica thinks that not voting is even scarier than Hannibal Lecter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgK87IeMEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAGHnCdyzw&NR=1
Click on these web site to see a YouTube video of Carrie Underwood, and another of Kelly Clarkson performing at the American Idol Give Back concert. They are celebrities for their great talent at vocal music. Celebrities can attract others to go to concerts like these that collect money for organizations, or foundations. This particular concert was to raise money to find a cure for HIV/AIDS. Celebrities can be heroes, if they use their popularity in the right ways. They can have that power to get people to donate money were as if some average people were to put on a concert like this, they might not raise as much money as a concert like Idol Give Back because of all of the celebrities that perform at this particular concert.
From this assignment my view of heroes is much more precise because of all the time that I have been thinking about it. I have learned that heroes, especially celebrity heroes, have three main traits. They are influencial, helpful, and have an almost higher rank or power. These artifacts deffinetly show their great amount of influence that celecrities have on society. They are helpful, like when Brad Pitt was organizing the foundation for the hurricane victims. But finally this almost abstract trait of their power. I have the power to persuide, like Jessica Alba's Add for voting. But they also have the power to choose to either use their "power" for good, bad, or just not use it at all. A hero can make a great difference in the world and it is great to have them.
5 comments:
actors get alot so they want to help by giving back as much as they can
I learned that actors are heros because they give back to the community.
I leanred that giving back to the community can make you a hero.
I learned that giving back to people through many ways can make you a hero.
Great analysis of the hero. I loved this hero box.
Post a Comment