Today I read an article in a YOGA journal magazine. It was pointed out to me by a family member and it was very fascinating. This article was on the power of journaling and how people who write "gratitude journals" are happier than others who do not have gratitude journals in many ways."Gratitude elevates, it energizes, it inspires, it transforms,"(Robert Emmons, University of California, Davis, Psychology professor)
These are just a few examples of side-effects that gratitude journaling is proven to cause. It is said to improve mental health as well. I think it is amazing that just reflecting on what you are thankful for can help you so much!
Just think, no wonder so many people are happy around the holidays, the holidays start with Thanksgiving! I think this is the perfect holiday to start off the season. If you think about it, it is a very unique holiday. Everyone in America celebrates it, not just a certain group of people that follow a common religion or are in a common group. Everyone gets a chance to start off the season together... and I am thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment