Sunday, February 8, 2009

Outside Reading: Culture different from my own

There are many cultures that live in different ways than I do. When I think about this topic a culture that seems fairly different from my life would be the life of a celebrity. In the spirit of the 51st Annual Grammy Ceremony airing tonight I read a short article on the Location of the Ceremony. It is in the Staples Center and was first performed there in 1999. I remember, at a very young age thinking that I did not want to be a celebrity. I simply thought it was unappealing that everyone would know everything about me. I wanted a more private life for myself. Of course, probably not thinking of all the luxury and riches that came with that life style. Still today I am extremely thankful for the culture that I live in. It is simply fitful for me, and if I were a celebrity I probably would not fell that I was in the right place. Everyone has a culture that they belong to. Each culture has their pros and cons, but are usually just right for the people in them.
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008May21/0,4670,GrammyAwards,00.html

1 comment:

Britta said...

that is such a good topic for culture..i usually don't think about like social cultures but more like other country cultures