Sunday, September 21, 2008

Outside reading

Today, what I have read most recently is my American Sign Language Text Book. I learned about the importance of facial expression while signing. Facial expression can not only change the mood of the conversation or emphasize a word, but it grammatically changes the whole context of what is being said. If you are asking a yes or no question, you must raise your eye brow and lean forward. If you are asking what is called a wh question, you lower your eyebrows. A wh question is responded with a statement and the question contains a word starting with wh, such as: what, where, who etc... I have learned a lot from this text book and will learn more from it quite frequently as the school year goes on. Already I have learned so much and I will get to enjoy learning more about this unique language every day this year.

2 comments:

Kelsey J. said...

sign language seems like a fun class. my sister was in it and she loved it. i wish i knew sign language.

Carla said...

haha nice! sign language is soo funn! :)