Thursday, September 11, 2008
Artistic
The adjective “artistic” would be a very accurate way to describe me. I am an artistic person because of my love to paint. I both oil paint and acrylic paint but my preferred choice out of the two would most definitely be oil painting. I like to oil paint because the paint stays wet longer so I am given more time to blend in shadow and light to my picture. Some high quality oil paints, usually in warm colors like red and orange can stay wet for up to 3 weeks. I take a year round art class downtown in the Itasca building every Tuesday. My favorite unit in that class is the painting unit but it also includes oil pastel still life drawing, figure drawing, landscape drawing, clay, mask making and printing. I like to paint when I can, even though I do not usually have very much free time, this is one of the reasons why the art class is so nice to have because it assigns time in my day to do art. I find painting extremely relaxing and expressive. You can usually tell what type of mood I am in by looking at the painting. I love to paint and I hope I can be artistic in a future profession some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The black type is hard to read on the dark blue.
Post a Comment