I read an article on Bollywood and the effects it is having on America lately. As everyone knows, Slumdog Millionaire won an extremely impressive 8 Oscars out of 9 nominations. This article raised the question of how these super successful movies affect America's film industry. In class I watched the film Bride and Prejudice for our India Bollywood unit. Although, this movie is not actually a Bollywood movie according to Bollywood "standards" and as I read on through this article I learned that Slumdog is also not considered a true Bollywood film. On the other hand, both of these films do incorporate Bollywood like features such as bright colors, lively dances, and what I thought was most important, getting the whole "package" or your money's worth out of the movie. When you look back, Bollywood has always been very successful in America every once in a while and I hope to see them come out with another great film some time soon.Sunday, March 1, 2009
Outside Reading: Bollywood
I read an article on Bollywood and the effects it is having on America lately. As everyone knows, Slumdog Millionaire won an extremely impressive 8 Oscars out of 9 nominations. This article raised the question of how these super successful movies affect America's film industry. In class I watched the film Bride and Prejudice for our India Bollywood unit. Although, this movie is not actually a Bollywood movie according to Bollywood "standards" and as I read on through this article I learned that Slumdog is also not considered a true Bollywood film. On the other hand, both of these films do incorporate Bollywood like features such as bright colors, lively dances, and what I thought was most important, getting the whole "package" or your money's worth out of the movie. When you look back, Bollywood has always been very successful in America every once in a while and I hope to see them come out with another great film some time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment