Thursday, January 1, 2009

Outside reading

I recently read an article on a tricky dilemma facing some Wisconsin people in Green Bay right now. There were a few people who were standing on the ice outside on the lake when suddenly something quite terrifying happened. The ice broke off from the ice leading to shore and the people were stranded. The water must have been much too cold to swim to shore in. Although I sure do wonder how close they were because the chances of surviving from swimming to shore are much higher than staying on the little piece of ice they were standing on. To put this in perspective this is not just like two people on a chunk of floating ice, there were about a dozen people on the chunk. Which brings me to my next question of how large the chunk of ice is because that could make their, I think personally odd decision seem more sane. For instance if there was like a crack in half the lake or something then I would probably stay on too, but a dozen people is a lot. People do odd things in scary situations and this is a good example of one.

2 comments:

Britta said...

that sounds very frightening! did the people make it out okay? I would hate to swim in frozen water

Anna C said...

well the car is not but the people are fine so thats all that matters